Hope you all are doing great! Makki ki Roti & sarson ka saag is the famous dish of Punjab. Today I am going to share this punjab famous dish. You can make sarson ka saag very easily by this method. Here I am sharing makki ka mini paratha recipe which is somehow different from usual one.
You can see this recipe on my YouTube channel- cradle of joy. Here is the link-
INGREDIENTS FOR SARSON KA SAAG-
1. Sarson ka saag-250 gm
2. Paalak/ Spinach- 250 gm
3. Bathua saag (optional)- 250gm
4. Hing- a pinch of
5. Jeera/Cumin- 1/2 tsp
6. Onion- 1 small onion
7. Makki ki atta for saag- 2 tsp
8. Salt- as per taste
9. Green chilli- as per taste
10. Oil- 1 tsp
11. Garlic- 2-3 cloves
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKKI MINI PARATHA-
1. Makki ka aata- 1 cup
2. Wheat flour-1/2 cup
3. Salt- as per taste
4. Kashmiri lal mirch-1 tsp
5. Chaat masala-1 tsp
6. Green chilli- as per taste
7. Curd- 1/2 cup
8. Green coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
9. Turmeric or haldi- 1 tsp
9. Water- as required
Method For Sarson ka saag-
1. Wash all the saag collectively. No nedd of cutting it. Just after washing properly pressure cook it.
2. Pressure cook for 3-4 minutes. After one whistle turn the flame low and then cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. After pressure cook cool it down in a wide plate. After cooling grind it in a mixi container.
4. In a kadahi , pour oil and roast 2 tsp of makki ka atta. Roast it Untill it becomes brown. Keep it aside.
5. Take a kadahi, pour oil. After heating, put hing, jeera and green chilli. Turning it brown, add garlic. Mix onion after turning garlic brown. Saute it well , add saag paste, salt. Mix it well. Add roasted makki ki atta and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add water as required.
Your tasty sarson ka saag is ready to serve.
Method of Makki ki Roti or Makki ka Mini Paratha-
1. Take a big bowl. Add 1 cup makki ka atta , 1/2 cup wheat flour, turmeric, kashmiri lal mirch, chaat masala, salt, curd, green coriander .
2. Mix it well and make a dough by adding water as required.
3. Heat the tawa, make small balls from the dough and make small rotis. You can easily make by rolling a big roti and then cut it with the help of a round cutter or by a small katori or steel bowl whose edges are sharp.
4. Put it on the tawa and cook it well by applying oil on it.
Your tasty makki mini paratha is ready.
Contact me through-