Happy Diwali in advance to all of you!! Those who are looking for a perfect recipe of Besan Barfi, my this recipe is for you ,guys! The taste of this barfi is super awesome and it is generally liked by any age group of people. So you can make this one without thinking it twice. I had tried this one by using ghee & also by using refined oil😉 Those people who don’t like to cook in desi ghee can make it by using refined oil. So it’s totally upto you as you like.
You can see the full recipe and the exact method on my You Tube channel- cradle of joy. Here is the link-
1.Besan or gramflour- 500 gm
2. Desi Ghee or refined oil- 350-400 ml
3. Sugar- 400 gms or as you like
4. Green cardamom-1/2 tsp
5. Cashews-8-10 chopped
6. Pistachios- 5-6 chopped
1. Take a nonstick kadahi on medium flame. Add besan or gramflour.
2. Mix ghee or oil . Don’t mix all ghee or oil altogether. Mix it side by side of roasting besan. Mix according to the consistency of besan. Never add too much ghee or oil.
3. Stir continuously till it will be fully roasted. Turn off the flame.
4. Now make sugar syrup by adding sugar and half of water. Means if you are taking 1 cup of sugar then add 1/2 cup of water. Let it boil on medoum flame till sugar melts.
5. Never overcooked. Be careful when you are making sugar syrup boil it when it becomes sticky and one thread consistency. Add cardamom powder.
6 . Mix sugar syrup in the kadahi of roasted besan. Stir continuously for 5-6 minutes without turning on the flame.
7. Now grease a plate and pour all cooked material into it. Leave it for 2-3 hours till it set.
8. After setting it, cut pieces according to your choice.
Your tasty besan barfi or besan chakki is ready to serve.
Contact me through-