Hope you all are doing great ! Well, today I am going to share a world famous dish from Bihar. Yes, it is none other than litti recipe. Sattu or roasted black gram is the main ingredient which is used in making filling in wheat dough. Readymade sattu is available at many places but somehow in any case if you don’t get it or If you don’t know how to make sattu at home then you can see the video relating to it. The link is also given at the end of this video. Today I am going to share fried litti recipe which is very much easy to make at home. It is tasty, yummy, easy to make and generally liked by everyone. Traditionally litti is prepared by roasting it in the clay stove. It takes very much time to make and it is not easy to make with that style. But you can easily make litti by this style. If you are not willing to deep fry it then make litti by this method and bake it in a oven. Litti is generally served with chokha but you can serve this litti with any sauce or chutney which is easily available at your home. So just chill and enjoy the taste of world famous bihari cuisine😀 !
You can see this recipe on my YouTube channel- cradle of joy. Here is the link-
INGREDIENTS– (For 30 pieces)
* Sattu/ Roasted black gram- 300 gm
*Wheat Flour- 1 kg
* Kalonji/Kala jeera- 2 tsp
* Carom/Ajwain- 2 tsp
* Mustard oil- 2 tsp
* Red chilli powder/Green chilli- as per taste
* Salt- as per taste
* Oil- For frying
* Take a large bowl with sattu. Mix kalonji, Ajwain, salt & Mustard oil. Mix it well and add water and make filling which should not be too dry or too wet.
* Take wheat flour in a big bowl . Add 2-3 tsp oil and salt. Mix well and knead the dough with water. It should not be too soft or too hard.
* Take a large kadahi or patila with water and put it on medium flamed burner till it boil.
* Make small balls from the wheat dough and spread it by making shape of katoris so that you can add filling. Add filling and close it well. Keep aside. Make all litti like this.
* When water start boiling then put all litti in it. Don’t cover it, let it boil for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
* After 8 minutes, turn off the flame and keep all litti outside from water. Let it cool down or just dry it from a kitchen towel.
* Take a kadahi, put oil for frying. When it becomes hot then put litti one by one. You can fry 6-7 litti at a time. If you don’t want to deep fry it then bake it in the oven . When it becomes brown then take it out in a serving plate and serve with chutney, sauce or chokha as per your wish.
Your easy to make litti is ready to serve