Even a simple toast is liked by anyone. It is a quick breakfast that can be made in a hurry. It only takes 10-15 minutes. I usually make this for my kids when a quick breakfast is the need of the hour. I am vegetarian so i call it an egg less version of the French toast. So now ,not wasting your time let’s start
• Besan/gram – 1 cup
• Bread -4-5
• Onions- 2-5 tbsp finally chopped
• Tomatoes – 2 tbsp finally
• Green chillies- 1-2
• Ginger- 3/4 tsp
• Coriander leaves- 1-2 tsp
• Turmeric – a pinch of
• Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
• Salt – As per taste
• Oil – As required
Method of preparation –
• Take the besan in a bowl. Put turmeric, red chilli, coriander leaves,salt and water and make a batter of medium consistency. It shouldn’t be thin.
• Heat the oil in the frying pan, dip the bread in the batter and coat evenly then spread the mixture of onions,tomatoes,green chilli and ginger equally on the bread.
• When the base is cooked and browned, flip & fry the other side.
Now its ready to eat.
P. S. – To make it more nutritious you can add more veggies as capsicum,carrots,spring onions and cabbage.
• Chillies can be skipped if it is made for kids.
Hope you all will like this.