Hello friends,today i am talking about the most common eye problem. Myopia or short-sightedness refers to the inability to see far off objects clearly. It is widely prevalent condition.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS–
Myopia begins with blurred vision, particularly with regard to far-off objects. The blackboard at school,the screen in a cinema hall or the TV screen may look blurred and the eyes of the sufferer may start watering due to strain. There may be itching and heavyness in the eyes and the patient may suffer from a mild headache.
CAUSES-1. Mental strain
2. Wrong food habits
3. Improper blood and
4. Reading in dim light.
5. Excessive reading.
6. Watching more TV.
1. Vitamin A:- For improving vision vitamin A plays a very important role. The best source of this vitamin are raw spinach,turnip tops,milk cream,butter,soya bean,green peas,fresh milk,oranges,carrots,cabbage,lettuce,oranges and dates.
2. Triphala:- Triphala is considered beneficial in the treatment of myopia. This preparation consists embelica myroblam(amla),chebulic myroblan(harad),and belleric myroblan(bahera).We should made a mixture by taking thirty grams of Triphala in half a litre of water and should be taken by mouth and also used for washing the eyes twice a day. We should continue it for some days.
3. Chicory:- Chicory contains food elements which are constantly needed by the optic system. It is one of the richest sources of vitamin A which is very useful for the eyes. The addition of juices of carrot,celery and parsley to chicory juice makes it a highly nourishing food for the optic nerve and the muscular system. The formula combination are 200ml of carrot juice,150 ml of celery juice ,
75 ml of endive juice and 75 ml of parsley juice to make half a litre of this combination
4. Liquorice:- Half a teaspoon of powder of the root,mixed with an equal quantity of honey and half the quantity of ghee should be given twice daily with a cup of milk on an empty stomach for the treatment of this condition.
1. Natural,uncooked foods are the best diet for defective vision.
2. Fresh fruits such as oranges,apples,grapes,peaches,plums,cherries and green vegetables.
3. Root vegetables such as potato,turnip,carrot,onions and beetroot.
4. Cereals are also necessary.
5. Genuine wholemeal bread is also the best and most suitable.
6. Jams,cakes,pastries,white sugar,white bread confectionery, tea,coffee,meat,fish and eggs play havoc with the digestion and the body and should therefore be avoided.
The following measures are also beneficial in the treatment of defective vision:
1. Sun Gazing: The person should sit on a bench facing the rising sun with his eyes closed and gently sway sideways several times for ten minutes. He should open his eyes and blink about ten times at the sun and look at some greenery.
2. Splashing: Plain cold water should be splashed several times over closed eyes. The closed lids should then be rubbed briskly for a minute with a clean towel.
3. Swinging: The person should stand with his feet twelve inches apart,hands held loosely at his sides,his whole body and mind relaxed. He should sway his body from side to side gently,slowly and steadily,with the heels rising alternately but not the rest of the foot. Swinging should be done in front of a window or a picture,so that the window or picture appears to be moving in the opposite direction of the swing.