Hello friends, today i am back with a most common ailment prevalent today. Backache, which is caused due to sedentary living habits,hazardous work pattern and psychological conditions associated with emotional stress.
As the back bears the weight of the entire body overweight person feels the strain on the back when they have to carry an extra load
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS—
In most cases of backache, the pain is usually felt either in the middle of the back or lower down. It may spread both sides of the waist and the hips. In a condition of acute pain the patient is unable to move and is bedridden.
About ninety percent of backache patients suffer from what is called cervical and lumber spondylosis. It is degenerative disorder in which the different vertebrae adhere to each othet through bony unions. As a result of this,the spine loses its flexibility
The main causes of backache and spondylosis are muscular tension, straining of the joints,poor posture and incorrect nutrition resulting from dietetic errors and lack of exercise. Other causes include stress and strain resulting from sitting for a long time,improper lifting of weights,high heels and emotional problems which may cause painful muscle cramping.
1. Garlic—- Its a very good home remedy for backache. Two or three cloves of garlic should be taken every morning to get results. An oil prepared from garlic and rubbed on the back will give great relief. Any oil such as mustard oil or sesame seed oil can be used. They should be fried on a slow fire till they are brown.
3. Chebulic Myroblan-— The use of chebulic myroblan is beneficial in the treatment of backache. A small piece of this fruit should be eaten after meals. This will give great relief.
4. Vitamin C—– Vitamin C has proved valuable in case of severe
backaches. About 200mg of this vitamin should be taken daily for treating this condition.
5. Potato—- Raw potato is an ancient home remedy for backache characterised by incapacitating pain in the lumber region especially in the lower part of the back. Application of the raw potato in the form of a poultice has been found very effective in this condition.
1. The diet of those suffering from backache should consist of a salad of raw vegetables such as tomato,carrot,cabbage,cucumber,
radish,lettuce and at least two steamed or lightly cooked vegetables such as cauliflower,cabbage,carrot,spinach and plenty of fruits except bananas.
2. The patient should have four meals daily.
3. In breakfast fruits and milk should be taken.
4. For lunch steamed vegetables and wholewheat chapatis should be taken.
5. In the evening fresh fruit or fruit juice can be taken.
6. A bowl of raw salad and sprouts during dinner.
The patient should avoid fatty,spicy and fried foods,curd,sweetmeats and sugar,tea and coffee. Foods that have been processed for preservation have few nutrients and should also be eliminated from the diet.
Smoking or taking tobacco in any form should be given up completely. Yogic asanas which are beneficial in the treatment of backache are bhujangasana,shalabhasana,halasana,uttanpadasana and shavasana.